LilyMs Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mishee's GM Application

+2
Excurus
Mishee
6 posters

Go down

Mishee's GM Application Empty Mishee's GM Application

Post  Mishee Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Name: Michelle Ng

IGN: Mishee

Country/ Timezone: Singapore/ GMT+8

Contact [MSN|AIM|EMAIL]:
Email/ MSN: isthereaprob@hotmail.com

How long have you played this server for: A week or so.

Why do you want to be a GM?:
For a start, I've never (really) been a GM, thus this would be the first server I'd be a GM on if given that opportunity. I mentioned (really) as I was a GM on a server that was never opened to the public for personal reasons. Thus, one of the main reasons I hope to be a GM is to gain experience and exposure.

Having played Maplestory private servers for a relatively long time now, I've worked rather closely with GMs from other servers, and I've learnt quite a bit from their management of successful servers. I hope to apply some of the skills I've learnt in managing LilyMS well, and promoting it to potential newcomers. Skills in terms of how they go about issuing a ban, for example, or interacting with players during their free time/ events, etc.

Those would be the driving reasons for me wanting to be a GM. Also, being a GM, I understand the other responsibilities I'd have to take up. From ensuring fairness in-game by banning/ issuing warnings to players who do not abide by the rules, to helping players out with problems they may be facing in-game or questions posted on the forums, to creating an atmosphere of pleasure (no sexual innuendo intended) and entertainment for all who play it, etc, I will carry out my responsibilities dutifully yet at the same time, having fun myself. c:

I believe, with all the said reasons, I can lead and support the server well and be part of the commmunity that helps LilyMS grow.

What do you think qualifies you to be a GM?:
Having talked to GM friends from other servers, I'm familiar with the roles of being a GM, know what is needed to be a responsible, helpful, fun-loving and dependable GM, making the game enjoyable and interactive for its players and attracting new players to the server.

I'm active in-game and on the forums, and thus I'm usually informed about new updates in the server and thus able to help players with their queries.

I adapt and learn quickly. I also work well in groups, and will contribute actively and constructively.

I'm matured, and can manage my emotions well. I do not behave irrationally or impulsively. Even in dire situations that may cause me to develop strong emotions towards them, I know how to manage myself so that I do not affect the people around me.

I can communicate fluently. English and Chinese are the 2 main languages I speak.

I'm impartial, and do not practice bias or show favoritism towards anyone, i.e. I will not give any player an unfair advantage over any others in any form, be it free items/ stat items, training, etc.

Experience:
As mentioned, I do not have prior experience in being a GM. At least not in an active server. The server that I was a GM on (but never opened) was OceaniaMS. The forums was created though, and I was the graphic designer and GM of the server.
However, I'm familiar with GM commands and responsibilities of a GM. I'm also a fast learner, so it doesn't take too long for me to adapt to an important role as such.

If a group was fighting over something, what would you do?

It would depend on the nature of the problem the two parties are fighting over.

If it's over some personal feud/ problem, I wouldn't dive headfirst into trying to be the mediator. I can't give an exact description of how I would try to resolve the fight as each case is different, but I'd try to create a situation such that both parties are satisfied without having to take any disciplinary actions against either.

However, if their fight is disruptive to other players, for example, having smega wars/ shouting profanities at each other/ spamming in an area with other players like the FM, I would issue warnings to ask them to take their quarrels to whispers/ outside the game. In the meantime, I will try to find out what the problem is between both parties, and try to work out a solution that appeases them both. After which, if the fight does not stop, I would mute both parties. If the argument is resolved, after a period of about 20 minutes or so, I would unmute them again.

If need be, for example, if the argument continues despite being muted or after being unmuted, I would jail both parties for a period of time. After which, if they still continue with their fight, and spouting profanities/ spamming at the expense of other players' welfare, I would issue a ban to both parties for disruptive behaviour despite several warnings.

Tell a bit about yourself:

I'm a heckyeah Asian; Singaporean Chinese, who has been said to look like a China Chinese (so unflattering) because of my chinky eyes, but is really in fact, rather Americanized (or I would like to believe so). I hate China, and would get into angry fits whenever any Chinese athlete won an event in the Olympics. I don't know how my discriminatory behaviour towards China started, but I just... dislike them. D: (SORRY IF ANYONE'S FROM CHINAAAR ! )

I've triple eyelids. LOL. Sorandom. Some would refer to it as double eyelids, but I consider having 2 folds (or whatever) on my eyelids compared to just 1 a triple eyelid. Hehehe.

Some people condemn Maple for being such a childish game, but I don't really care how childish it is since I've fun on it. I've made great friends from all around the world, of which some critics of Maplestory can't boast, and most importantly, I found my lover on it. <3

Yes, I date online. No, I'm not pathetic. Just saying it to those who discriminate agaisnt online relationships.
(<3 Anthonyboob)

I'd like to believe I have a great sense of humour, though it comes naturally. You can't force a joke out of me; I don't memorize any. >.> When I find myself in an extremely happy/ wild mood, I'll be likely to pull pranks/ joke/ tease my friends. But of course, I do not take it too far. Haha.

I do not like buying gifts for my friends, but rather, I'd make my own gift with whatever material/ item I can find at home. Lol, no I'm not a hobo/ broke, but I rather my friends who receive my gift appreciate my thought and effort into making their gifts than the money spent on it. Yeeeah, I'm such an artfart.

Alright I shall end my illogical nonsense here. xD
I posted a section of self-description (like this) under my FM application too. So feel free to take a look!

Thank you for your time. c:
Mishee
Mishee

Back to top Go down

Mishee's GM Application Empty Re: Mishee's GM Application

Post  Excurus Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:43 pm

I'ma have to decline this instantly without reading it.
Excurus
Excurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Excurus Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 pm

No, just joking. This is one of the best apps I've seen, even though you don't have much experience. Unfortunately I don't think I have the authority to GM anybody plus I don't think we need GM's atm with 0 people online. Lol. Maybe I'll recommend you later
Excurus
Excurus

Back to top Go down

Post  BreadLoaf Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Excurus wrote:No, just joking. This is one of the best apps I've seen, even though you don't have much experience. Unfortunately I don't think I have the authority to GM anybody plus I don't think we need GM's atm with 0 people online. Lol. Maybe I'll recommend you later

WELL DONE PABLO. afro
BreadLoaf
BreadLoaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Mishee Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Excurus wrote:I'ma have to decline this instantly without reading it.
*heartshatters

Lol, yeah I understand that part about having no players online. Shanna said we could make GM applications for future recruitments though, so yeah, here it is.
Thankyou! I really appreciate your comment. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. c:

Last edited by Mishee on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Mishee
Mishee

Back to top Go down

Post  IdioticKorean Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:09 am

omg o-o
proest app in here
but no need for gm's atm (:
probably going to beat all of us in here anyways
IdioticKorean
IdioticKorean

https://www.facebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jmakoolaid Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:40 am

Puts my app to shame HAHAH

jmakoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Mishee Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:06 am

@Tae; Thank you. >< Everyone has an equal chance at being a GM. And yeah, I understand that we do not need GMs for now. I posted it for future recruitments. c:

@jmakoolaid; Nooo. Your application's really neat too! You're the (jma)koolaid to boo-boos. Haha.
Mishee
Mishee

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:00 am

Mishee wrote:I'm a heckyeah Asian; Singaporean Chinese, who has been said to look like a China Chinese (so unflattering) because of my chinky eyes, but is really in fact, rather Americanized (or I would like to believe so). I hate China, and would get into angry fits whenever any Chinese athlete won an event in the Olympics. I don't know how my discriminatory behaviour towards China started, but I just... dislike them. D: (SORRY IF ANYONE'S FROM CHINAAAR ![/size]
Don't hate me </3
It's kinda hard being an athlete in America. We get looked down upon so much and get told to go back to studying math. x.x

Anyway, your App. is amaazing!
Cyclone
Cyclone

Back to top Go down

Post  Mishee Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:37 pm

I'm a US supporter! Hahaha.
And thank you. >< Yours is really impressive as well.
Mishee
Mishee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down